I just pulled an all nighter last night to try to pull together a half assed presentation about the Festival of Britain. It is truly made of some pretty potent bullshit. (Granted, it doesn't come close to the horror of this
piece, but still. It's principle.) Nevertheless, I finish it and I'm ready to go.
1) We had to fill out 2 surveys before signing in. (30 minutes)
2) Ian presented first. Not normally a bad thing because I'm usually awake for the first lecture and I like to hear him talk (He sounds like the ninth doctor.), but the student group usually presents first, then Ian. Score one for me. (1.5 hours)
3) You know how you always wished a fire alarm would go off before a test in elementary school? Truth be told, I usually lucked out with tests and accidental fire alarms. I lucked out today too. Right at the beginning of the group presentation, the fire alarm went off. Cue an entire minute of everyone standing around going, "What's that? Fire alarm? What? Oh, all right." We're on the 8th floor. At the rate we were moving, we would all have gone up in the imaginary inferno. (10 minutes)
4) It took half an hour. Half an hour of standing around in the lovely sunshine with the delicious breeze. (30 minutes)
5) By the time we walked all the way back up those 8 stories (wheezewheezewheeze
) there were 15 minutes left. Ian wanted to keep us all in and have the group discussion but one of the girls in the group had gone to look for her cat (I don't know either) and most of the class had work at 1.
Teal deer: I stayed up late for nothing AND I got to come home early. I've not been as happy in a week.